Learning Support Assistant
at Our Lady and St Philip Neri Catholic Primary School
208 Sydenham Road Sydenham SE26 5SE
The Governors wish to appoint a LSA to work one to one with a child in Reception to support their learning and ongoing personal development. This post is a fixed term contract and will end once the child leaves the school.
Reports to: SENCo & class teacher
Grade: Scale 3 (SP5 – £22,800 to SP6 £23,211). Salary will be pro-rota for term time only working @ 85.32%
Hours: 30 hrs per week – a full time post
We are looking for a teaching assistant to support a child with SEND in our reception. You will be required to support the child within the classroom and provide 1:1 and small group learning opportunities with guidance from the class teacher and SENCO. You will also be required to support the child with personal care/ toileting alongside other reception staff members. We are looking for someone who is a proactive, team player who will be able to balance supporting the child with SEND, whilst also contributing to the learning of all of the children in the class.
We would love to hear from you if you:-
- Have the skills, experience and knowledge to support children with special educational needs
- have experience of working with children who have had speech, language and communication difficulties
- Have experience of working in a primary school or other child-care environments
- Are fun, patient, intelligent and a learner
- Are enthusiastic and committed
- Are looking for a rewarding, worthwhile job
- Are willing to go the extra mile
This is a temporary fixed term contract commencing asap. Visits to the school are encouraged and welcomed. Please contact the school office to arrange an appointment or for further information on 0208 778 4386
Our Lady and St Philip Neri is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Please email Admin@olspn.lewisham.sch.uk for an application form.
Closing date: Monday 28th September at midday